Here are some additional resources that may prove to be useful:
- Mandiberg (ed., 2011). The Social Media Reader. Free download here.
- Cammaerts et al. (2013). Mediation and Protest Movements.
- Zuckerman, E. (2013). Rewire. Digital Cosmopolitans in the Age of Connection.
- MacKinnon (2012) Consent of the Networked. The Struggle for Internet Freedom.
- Anything from Robert McChesney.
- Social Media – Activist’s Guide (free download).
Geoblocking and Global Video Culture. “Geoblocking and Global Video Culture explores the cultural implications of access control and circumvention in an age of VPNs. Featuring seventeen chapters from diverse critical positions and locations – including China, Iran, Malaysia, Turkey, Cuba, Brazil, USA, Sweden and Australia.”
- Structures of Participation in Digital Culture explores digital technologies that are engines of cultural innovation (free download).
- Technology and citizen participation (free download).
- 1st chapter of a book on Open Access by Peter Huber, Harvard Open Access Project (by MIT Press 2012).
- Ziccardi: Resistance, Liberation Technology and Human Rights in the Digital Age.
Some potentially useful websites: